Wednesday, June 27, 2012

 
From a friend on Facebook:
Almost daily someone contacts me for help with dogs they pulled or found. Funds are low or gone and they desperately try to find help! I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do though! Take over, pay everything and do the leg work? Well, here is what I do and ANYONE can do the same:

•take good photos and videos
•post on Petfinder, Adopt-a-dog, Dogster, Craigslist LA, OC & SD
•post DAILY
•make flyers, put at vet offices, pet shops, coffee houses, whole food stores, groomers and all throughout town
•contact rescue groups to do courtesy posting on their websites
•send emails to friends, family and co-workers. Ask them to network
•take dog to adoption events on week-ends
•keep raising funds
•have yard sales and have people donate items

Yep, almost a full time job, isn't it! Takes away from the week-end fun, the little knickknacks left and right we're used to buy, the vacations or restaurant & spa visits. I often wish I had someone magically appear to do all this for me and the dogs I find, (take over so that I can wash my hands clean), BUT I don't either. And I'm just another animal lover just like many others...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment